In my career I have had the opportunity to work as a creative as well as to be in charge of Marketing and Advertising budgets, so I had the privilege to operate from both sides of the table. This circumstance has helped me become highly effective in both in Art and Creative Direction as well as in Marketing and Advertising Management.
Download resume in .PDF format
Creative Consultant with an international marketing background and a proven track record in creative development and execution.
+ Ability to perform and interact efficiently in all professional environments
+ Strong analytical and conceptual skills, detail-oriented approach and problem-solving attitude
+ Experience working remotely and on international projects
+ Awareness of how cultural differences can impact marketing strategies and implementation
+ Strong verbal/written communication skills and presentation techniques
+ Excellent technical knowledge in all areas of print, digital, and interactive media
+ Proven ability to direct groups and maintain focus in multi-task assignments
Ethos Factory – Los Angeles, California / Rome, Italy
Branding and Marketing Consultants
04/05 — Present | Owner/Principal
- Branding and Communications Strategy advisor to Watershed (non-profit accelerator fund in Silicon Valley).
- Branding, Corporate Identity, and launch campaign consultant for Pasta Masseria Canestrello (Italian artisanal pasta brand).
- Developed Pitch-deck and presentation for Italian documentary Film “The Truth About La Dolce Vita” by Arietta Cinematografica SrL and Istituto Luce.
- Executive Produced and directed promotional videos for LaserAid SrL showcasing several of their products.
- Responsible for several photography post production projects for MGM Entertainment involving retouching, compositing, and also restoration.
- Online Marketing and Communications consultant at Terravino Partner (Italian wine importer and e-tailer).
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, and development of the Ethos Factory brand concept and positioning.
- Developed and implemented a business model and functional approach to create an online network for creative services.
- Established partnerships with Europe-based consulting companies to collaborate on international marketing and branding programs.
- In charge of branding and communications projects for clients in several market segments in the US and in Europe.
- Developed brand strategy and marketing plans for both consumer and B2B products and services.
- Directed and produced several brand concept video sizzle pieces for companies and product launches.
- Designed and produced award winning publication for DMJM+HARRIS house-organ magazine “Legacy”:
+ 20,000 copies distributed semesterly
AECOM – Los Angeles, California
Engineering and Infrastructure Firm
07/97 — 04/05 | Art Director/Project Manager
- Created and implemented new corporate communications standards for presentation, proposal, and display materials.
- Designed advertising pages, brochures, presentations and reports employed in both national and international marketing efforts.
- Produced several video presentations for inter-company use.
- Created new presentation standards and introduced a large-format polyester display system derived from outdoor graphics applications.
- Developed several corporate identity systems for joint venture projects.
- Designed and directed the production of the AECOM Annual Reports for FY 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003:
+ 21,000 copies distributed annually
+ 2001 and 2002 annuals have won industry awards for design and execution
- Collaborated in the creation of both AECOM’s Internet/Intranet sites to develop a flexible and cost-efficient global communication tool.
Streamlined the production process for print materials, developed an online stationery ordering system serving all of AECOM’s 100+ worldwide offices.
FLASH Studio – Rome, Italy
Commercial digital photography and photo post-production
10/94 — 11/96 | Partner, Creative Director/Marketing Manager
- Owned and operated one of the first 3 digital photography studios in Italy, introducing this new cost effective and time saving technology to the marketplace and industry.
- Responsible for the restructuring of a traditional photography studio into a cutting edge digital photography studio.
- Drafted and implemented a marketing/business plan for the commercialization of digital photography applied to still-life commercial photography.
- Interviewed key clients to fine-tune this new technology and to further understand which related services could represent a growth opportunity.
- Identified and implemented marketing strategy and guidelines to promote this new technology to current clients and to solicit new accounts.
GB Enigma Gianni Bulgari SA – Neuchàtel, Switzerland
High-end watch and jewelry brand
3/93 — 9/94 | Marketing/Advertising Director
- Conducted a comprehensive brand review to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of all product lines.
+ Identified key opportunities and potential growth factors to meet targeted objectives.
+ Drafted the brand identity guidelines to be implemented internationally.
- Collaborated with both domestic and international sales managers to create and implement tailored promotional programs for key retailers.
- Established an in-house advertising department to generate advertising campaigns, catalogues, packaging, and p.o.s. material.
- Developed and executed media strategies for the European markets and coordinated traffic of print-ready materials for all other markets.
- Created and implemented a co-op advertising manual and plan for both domestic and international markets.
FILA Sport Spa – Biella Italy / New York City, USA
3/92 — 3/93 | International Advertising Consultant
- Acted as U.S. liaison between the Italian parent company and its American subsidiary during the corporate restructuring of Fila USA Inc.
- Responsible for the repositioning of the FILA brand and execution of new Advertising campaigns both in the US and in Italy.
+ Conducted qualitative and quantitative market research on the current brand perception in the top ten U.S. markets.
+ Researched and selected an international advertising agency (Foote Cone and Belding) to serve U.S. and Italian markets.
+ Responsible for a $12.5 million consumer and trade advertising budget.
+ Directed the development of advertising strategy “Fila: Change the Game” to reposition the brand worldwide.
+ Executive produced a 15-minute sizzle reel of Fila’s activities and brand positioning worldwide to be presented to investors during the IPO road show.
+ Directed promotions and co-op advertising campaigns with athletic footwear national retail chains such as Footlocker, Lady Footlocker, and Footaction.
- Woodbury University – Los Angeles, California
9/83 — 7/87 | B.S. Graphic Design with Business Administration Minor
Summa Cum Laude, Departmental Award of Excellence, National Dean’s List
- IFOA University of Bari – Bari, Italy
7/94 — 11/96 | Assistant Professor, lecturer and project coordinator for the Communications and Marketing departments
- RealComm – 2000 Digital Media Award “Digies”
Award for the best use of Internet in Architecture and Design
- Printing Industries of America – 2001 Premier Print AwardsCertificate of Merit for the 2000 AECOM Annual Report
- CWA – 2003 Marketing Communications Awards
Honorable mention for the 2002 AECOM Annual Report
- CWA – 2005, 2006, 2007 Marketing Communications Awards Awards magazine category, for DMJM Harris Legacy magazine
Client List – partial
- ANEW – Asset Network for Education Worldwide | Brand identity, events graphics and presentations
- Back to Balance – Chiropractic Services | Brand identity and Website
- Bioimmunizer – Dietary Supplements | Brand identity study, stationery and presentation materials
- Bright Dental – Orthodontic practice | Marketing strategy, branding and advertising
- Canvas Café San Francisco – Coffee Shop/Art Gallery Concept | Brand identity, in-store graphics
- Com.It.Es – Governmental Outreach Organization for Italians Abroad | Brand identity and Website
- Harman Kardon – Consumer Electronics | Advertising pages for Asian market, trade show materials
- Hilton Group – Hospitality | Display advertising campaigns
- Isolite Systems – Orthodontics | Trade advertising campaign, trade show booth and promotional material
- iProspect – Digital Marketing Agency | Brand identity, presentations, marketing materials
- Livzey Photography – Commercial Photography | Brand identity, promotional materials, Website
- Los Angeles City College District – Community Colleges | Brand identity, showroom graphics, special events materials, recycling initiative creative
- Los Angeles Business Travel Association – Trade Association | Monthly newsletter, special events materials
- M3 Office – Office Furniture Retailer | Advertising campaign, promotional material, in-store graphics
- Maserati USA – Automotive | Print advertising campaign production and placement, special events material
- Masseria Canestrello – Food | Brand identity, communications strategy, packaging, promotional materials, Website
- MEET ITALY Network – Professional Development and Networking Group | Brand identity, events graphics and presentations
- Metro Goldwyn Mayer Consumer Products – Entertainment | Merchandising concepts and designs, photo retouching and post-production services
- Pilgrim School – Education | Brand identity, corporate communications, annual reports
- Pragmatic Fund Management – Healthcare Innovation Investment Fund | Brand identity and presentations
- Rebus Health Systems – Healthcare Technology Systems | Brand identity and presentations